Eighteenth Annual Robert Burns Dinner:
21 January, 2017
We celebrate this complex man for the seventeenth time on Saturday, January 21, 2017. You will be treated to some fine libations, you'll enjoy a four course Scottish-inspired dinner and you may even learn a little something as we recall tender, romantic, spirited and even baudy poetry. Scottish bagpipes and drums wil also make for a memorable evening. We ask that you get to the bar no later than about 5:45 PM and wait for the Piping of the Haggis. We'll come out of the kitchen with bagpipes at full volume with haggis on a silver platter, preceded by crossed bottles of single malt scotch (that you'll be drinking later.) You'll follow the parade into our private Robert Burns Tap Room, where the room has been transformed for the evening. As you take your seats, the haggis will make its way to the podium where we'll recite An Address the Haggis, written by Rabbie, of course. The night has just begun...
The evening's menu:
- First Course: Haggis with neeps & tattie cakes and demi glace
- Second Course: Half head Gem lettuce with bacon lardons, tomatoes and whiskey dressing, garnished with Scotch egg
- Third Course: Beer-braised lamb shank with mushroom barley risotto, brussel sprouts, carrots and braising jus
- Fourth Course: Apple shortbread cake with Scotch Anglais
The Single Malt Scotch Whiskys:
- Glen Moray Port Cask Finish (Speyside)
- Aberlour Double Cask Matured 16 Yr (Highland)
- Laphroaig Select (Islay)
Tapping of Robert Burns Scottish Export Ale in the Firkin:
- You'll be the first to taste our eighteenth edition of this fine ale right from the firkin
- We'll tap it as the dinner course is being served
- We'll drink it until the entire firkin is gone!
More poetry, more fun, more blue... if you've been to this event before, you're bored reading this because there is no way to describe how fun the evening is. If you've never atteneded before, you'll have a great time. You're also likely to be called a Rabbie Virgin by the others. You can purchase your tickets at the brewpub for $60, including gratuity. Ohio sales tax will be added to your purchase price, or you can purchase on line for just $62 plus sales tax. Your tickets will be waiting for you to pick up the next time you're in. See you there, and one more thing...Johnnie lad, cock up your beaver!